Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The positives

For posterity, the things I am loving about my girls at the moment:

When my 1 yr old says "I wuv you" and "cuddles please" (and means it).
When my 3 yr old says "I missed you" and means it.
They both still have a decent midday nap (sometimes it starts closer to 2pm but that's ok too).
The warm, groggy cuddles when they wake up from a nap.
They have healthy appetites and will mostly eat whatever is going.
They don't cry when left with the baby sitter, teacher or carer.
But are still so happy to see me when I pick them up.
They play together so nicely most of the time.
They cuddle each other, say "I'm sorry" if they hurt each other and tell everyone "I love my sister".
The pure joy they get from a simple game of peek-a-boo, hide and seek, chasing or tickles.
That a 3yo knows how to coordinate an outfit with her shoes and hair accessories.
And wants to check her emails.
That a 1yo wants to watch YouTube songs on the "c'puter".
And can sing along to Baa baa, twinkle twinkle and the alphabet song.
They are water babes.
They love animals, stickers, fairies, ladybirds and cupcakes.
They love to watch the same shows over and over and remember the dialogue.
They have dad's sense of humour and order.
And mum's temper (good and bad).
The big open smile (the little one) and impish grin (the big one).
The beautiful auburn curls and golden highlights.
The similarities and wonderful differences.

1 comments:

Mira said...

Thank you for this post. I definitely needed reminding of all this today. I will try to remind myself more often of these things too.

Post a Comment